The wine is Val Bruyere Cotes du Rhone Villages, 2005, (Cairanne region)and by "shared the bottle" I mean we each poured a glass, and then he got a lengthy phone call - leaving me alone with the bottle. Quite alone. This pretty much gave me the all clear to polish it off, and I, being of sound mind and body, took full advantage of this stroke of good fortune.
This is the kind of easy drinking Cotes du Rhone that is meant to be finished by oneself. It's light, tasty, just dry enough, just earthy enough. Last I checked, Pastis featured it on their wine list, because it is a great food friendly bistro wine. You can get it from the menu for $28 a bottle, or for about $9 you can pick it up in a store, and hope whoever's around you gets a long phone call.....yes, a very long phone call indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment