Sometimes, though, my husband enjoys my mulling, as long as it involves an element of vindication.
I have an excellent recipe for that.
Lately, I've run into a string of bad luck with discount table wines and past grievances among friends. Yet, I can't bear to let them simply drift back into oblivion. I want to make my experiences worthwhile. They are part of my past, and therefore part of my identity.
I have poured out a disappointing Pinot Noir into a copper pot. To that pot I add a handful of cloves, a cinnamon stick, some sugar, star anise, a tangerine peel, and a few shots of Brandy. A perfect mulled over concoction, its warmth is encouraging on a snowy day. The wine won't go to waste, and it may even be redeemed in what my husband calls the Persistence of Memory -of Memoree, he means. A little forgiveness, when mixed with time and patience, goes a long way.
No comments:
Post a Comment