As you may already know, WGA writers are on a well substantiated strike at the moment. Apparently, I have been on a strike of sorts myself lately - one that involves not blogging. (Yeah, this is supposed to be a clever joke.) On the bright side, this means I am devoting more time to a script, and to cooking delicious local foods like magret de canard au poivre and apple and leek hash. Yet, I can't say I don't feel guilty. I have received letters of thanks and compliments from strangers:readers of the blog who actually appreciate me for writing it. And what do I do? I go for weeks without making a proper entry. So, thanks a lot to all of the people who wrote to me in appreciation - thanks for making me feel like a louse; an empty shell of my once content-rich self.
Getting back on track: I have been sampling a multitude of Rhone wines recently, and I continue to find good overall value in 2005 bottles. August (which, by the way, is the best restaurant in the Village, if not all of NYC) has an excellent pick among their well crafted list. It is Costieres et Soleil, Plan Pegau, Laurence Feraud, 2005. A balanced, food friendly, typical Rhone. It is reasonably priced, and worth ordering more than one.
Getting back on track: I have been sampling a multitude of Rhone wines recently, and I continue to find good overall value in 2005 bottles. August (which, by the way, is the best restaurant in the Village, if not all of NYC) has an excellent pick among their well crafted list. It is Costieres et Soleil, Plan Pegau, Laurence Feraud, 2005. A balanced, food friendly, typical Rhone. It is reasonably priced, and worth ordering more than one.
When you do go to August - and you must - try the melt in your mouth venison (not at all gamy)and the savory, heart stopping tarte flambe. When the magazine launches, I will post a link to my review of August in Gotham Digest.
In the meantime, I must get back to writing for the screen. I can't say for sure when I will be able to post again-I am job hunting too, you see. I guess you just can't count on writers to be consistent all the time. But trust me on the venison.
No comments:
Post a Comment