Thursday

Seven Questions, Two Languages

In light of blogosphere commaraderie, fellow blogger Mimi, of French Kitchen in America, has passed along a questionnaire. It was in French, originally, but I have followed her example and answered in English. I hope other bloggers(well, anyone really) will join in the exchange. If nothing else, it's a good excuse to procrastinate working on your screenplay (see left).

Le dernier livre que j’ai savouré

Nabokov's Speak, Memory (from which title I derived my username - Drink,Memory). This will be my second reading. Before that, I was reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

Le film qui m’a le plus transportée

There are several films that have changed me by inspiring me to be a filmmaker. All of Truffaut's films, many Eric Rohmer films, and of course Wes Anderson and James Ivory. I love The Golden Bowl and The Remains of the Day. The films that have touched me on a deeply personal level, and that I can relate to most, are Lost in Translation, The Hours, Bed and Board, and The Science of Sleep. As for documentaries, which also have had great impact on my life, I think The Future of Food and Mondovino are legendary.

Le plat que je mets au dessus de tout

A woman in love with food cannot truly answer this question, I think. But as of today, I would have to say a grass fed filet mignon cooked black and blue with pommes frites and creamed spinach. And of course a bottle of Fitou. Or maybe Boeuf Bourgignon. Maybe Oysters Rockefeller...

Mon plus souvenir des 10 dernieres années

My wedding day

L’instant beauté que je préfère

Seeing the sunset over the Paris skyline. Walking through Prospect Park in Fall. Light shining through the bright green veins of the most beautiful bunch of Swiss Chard.

L’endroit où je me sens le plus moi-même

My home in Brooklyn, and the place I go to write, which isn't physical.

Mes petits moments de bonheur

The few minutes of lying in bed when I wake up in the morning, listening to the sound of my husband making coffee, then smelling the wonderful aroma that fills the apartment. The sun setting over the Verrazzano. Drinking wine on the front stoop with my best friend. Drinking wine. The feeling of anticipation before a surprise. A horse's warm breath on my hand. An amazing meal. Listening to a favorite song. When my husband touches my cheek. The aroma of my neighbors cooking. Swimming in the sea. Daydreaming.

Other bloggers: Please let me know if you decide to answer these in reply so I can link to you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...Viewing the Paris skyline or napping...A tough choice for me.

Thanks for playing along!