At last, the rain did come, and somehow lifted my spirits in its wake. I warmed the chill out of the air with a baked comfort dish of egg noodles and English farmhouse cheese, while listening to The National.
Just before that rain, though, I poured the last of a cheap red table wine I'd used in last night's soup. A wine I can't say has any merit at all other than its place in my life when I took a moment to sit by the window and wish it could be Spring. That is all. There is no need to name the label; it would only bring me scorn. It made me appreciate last night's Carmenere, and it bookmarked this day as one where I expected rain, and hoped for better things to follow. I guess we all do, sometimes.
1 comment:
I love the composition of this photo, and the colors, too. My days offer few moments for contemplation and I miss that.
Post a Comment