Confetti is a film about weddings, and wins the award hands down in my book for over the top British comedies. In the vein of the American film Best in Show, it applies a certain slapstick humour to situational melodrama, from flamboyantly homosexual wedding planners to uptight couples looking to score a 100 on their ultimate marriage test, aka their wedding vows. Richard and I had a good laugh during this one as we drank an appropriately rustic ( and you'll know what I mean by rustic when you watch the film) red Provencal wine that we got for a bargain. Like the couples in confetti, it needed to be decanted so that it could get some air, but fruitiness soon prevailed.Speaking of marriage vows, our two year anniversary is approaching, (MAY 27). Should I spell out what I want, or let it be a surprise? To vote on this, drop me a line in the comments section. If you live in New York, speak your mind about your favorite romantic spots in the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment